Compromising quality for budgetary purposes is often a necessary evil, but in the case of whether or not one should replace or repair their hearing aids, it is mostly contingent on individual needs. It is important to understand how hearing can vary from person to person and that no decision should be made just based on one factor alone, for the sake of improving one’s health.
Hearing Aid Repair
Your fulfillment ought to be a main consideration in your choice to repair or by new hearing aids. Numerous people who decide to keep their present hearing aids do as such in order to maintain the same sound experience they have been used to. More up to date advanced innovations may give a totally unique sound than what was perceived.
Hearing aids going from five to eight years of age are normally ready to be adjusted by your audiology expert to prevent any issues from happening. In case you don’t require any repair or support, it might be more practical to remain with your present hearing aids. Your audiologist might have the capacity to plan out your hearing guide repairs to avoid any degradation of quality. This is a better solution than sending your hearing aids in for repairs and is less demanding than starting with an entirely new hearing aid experience.
Buying a New Hearing Aid
Hearing aids have changed a lot over the years, and you may find that more current innovation could better incorporate into your way of life. Elements, for example, Bluetooth tech and enhanced batteries make wearing a hearing aid a more consistent affair.
On the off chance that your hearing aid is in need repair or frequently requires new parts, it might really be more conservative to run with another one. Numerous audiology experts incorporate follow-up arrangements and repairs in the cost of another hearing aid.
You may likewise consider buying another aid if your way of life or wellbeing needs are not the same as when you got your last one. For instance, the onset of tinnitus or joint inflammation may be better obliged by an alternate style of hearing device.
Caring for Hearing Aids
Maintenance plays an important part for the longevity and accuracy of your hearing aid. The better you take care of them, the less you’ll have to worry about replacing them. We at www.kingsandia.com know that it isn’t always easy to remember all the different rules when it comes to caring for your hearing aid, so we’ve made a short, handy guide to help you out.
First and foremost is the importance of keeping the ear canal and the hearing aid free of earwax buildup. Daily cleaning is recommended, be careful not to irritate the canal from being too thorough.
Tips to properly maintain hearing aids
- Removing earwax from your hearing aid should only be done with the provided brush and/or picks. If you have lost yours, ask your doctor for a new set to avoid improper force/abrasiveness from more improvised cleaning solutions.
- Every night before you go to sleep, wipe them off with a microfiber cloth to keep them dry and to reduce the amount of work needed to clean them from earwax.
- When you’re done, place your hearing aids in a dry, cool location. You can purchase a special dehumidifier box if you live in a place with high humidity. It is worth the extra investment as moisture will slowly corrode and destroy hearing aids.
- Also, try to remove your hearing aids while seated on your bed—if you happen to drop your hearing aid, they will at least fall on a soft surface. Dropping them on hard floors can damage the instrumentation.
- When you aren’t using your hearing aids, you should open the battery door to conserve its power. This should include: sleeping/napping, swimming, showering, or applying hair products.
Make an appointment with Sandia Hearing Aid Center in Colorado Springs or King Hearing Aid in Pueblo if you are unsure as to whether repair or replacement is right for your hearing aid needs. Through proper testing and fitting, you can greatly increase your quality of life and overall hearing capabilities.